S02E06: “Two Value Investors’ tryst with Derivative” with Gaurav Sud & Siddharth Aggarwal
Gaurav Sud is the Managing Partner at Kanav Capital, a boutique firm providing corporate advisory, investor relations and investment banking services to small and mid-size corporates.
Gaurav graduated from IIT Delhi and has done his MBA in Finance from IIM Calcutta. He has over a decade of experience working with leading consulting and IT companies in strategy, corporate planning, M&A and investment banking.
Gaurav is one of the rare versatile individuals who practices two completely contrasting domains, Value Investing and Options Writing. He doesn’t just dabble in them but excels in both with industry-beating returns. In Season 1, we explored the value investing side of Gaurav where he detailed the ups and downs of riding a 100-bagger.
If you are interested in listening to our first episode with Gaurav, you can listen here.
On the other side, Siddharth Aggarwal is the managing partner of Aasn Consultants. He manages his private family office, focusing on investment opportunities with asymmetric pay-offs. He has worked in quantitative and risk management roles with some of the leading global investment banks and hedge funds where he helped manage large multi-asset investment portfolios. Siddharth is a graduate of IIT Delhi and a CFA & FRM charter holder.
Sid joined Gaurav in the year of 2016 and both of them now manage their investments together.
In today’s episode, the emphasis would be to explore their Options Book. We will dig deeper into their options trading setups, strategies and much more. Listen in.
We wholeheartedly thank DSP Mutual Fund for collaborating with us for this particular episode of Stoic Talks.
Podcast Record Date: 17.12.2022
Also streaming on:
Gaurav Sud is the Managing Partner at Kanav Capital.
Siddharth Aggarwal is the managing partner of Aasn Consultants.
To Read the Transcription, please login
- Glimpse from the First podcast with Gaurav and subsequent changes in his approaches regarding Special situations, buyback, rights issues etc [2:54]
- Siddharth’s experiences with Special situations [6:57]
- Gaurav’s Investing strategies [10:13]
- How Gaurav met Siddhrath [11:15]
- Risk Management & Portfolio Construction [12:31]
- Siddharth’s 50 bagger journey [27:40]
- Selling criteria and following Trailing stop loss [39:11]
- Averaging up instead of averaging down [42:35]
- Taking Leverage and Hedging strategy [53:42]
- Return Expectation from Options Strategies [1:00:38]
- Covered Call [1:11:06]
- Other Options Strategies [1:19:04]
- Advice for Investors & budding traders [1:27:53]
- Learning Resourses[1:38:22]